D6392: [Panel Config] Scrolling over size button increments size by 1 and shows current thickness

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 3 18:10:05 UTC 2018

Zren added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in SizeHandle.qml:123
> I don't know exactly how `MouseEventListener` behaves but in `MouseArea` you get a ton of `onWheel` events for touchpads (which scroll pixel-precisely), potentially causing you to making your panel enormous accidentally

Recently got a Windows Vista era HP laptop running KDE.
I see, the touchpad "mousewheel" sends a ton of events with `wheel.delta` from ±9 to ±60.

In my test, I actually noticed the opposite effect (it was slow to resize) since we do `Math.round(wheel.delta / 120)` which can turn into `Math.round(30 / 120) = 0`. So events with a `wheel.delta` smaller than 60 were ignored.

Anyways, I always wondered why plasma-pa did this in their mousewheel code:

https://github.com/KDE/plasma-pa/blob/master/applet/contents/ui/main.qml#L197-L210

Should be an easy fix. Just need to add a `wheelDelta` variable and ignore events when it's `wheelDelta <= -120 || 120 <= wheelDelta`.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop