D9638: [effects] add 'Slide Desktops' effect

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 3 18:01:20 UTC 2018

zzag added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed KWin.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9638#185547, @abetts wrote:

  > What I would maybe want to add would be some sort of effect, darkening, or slight zooming in/out when moving a window from one desktop to another.

  Well, I was trying to animate moving windows some time ago. It didn't work out well because `EffectsHandler` doesn't tell us when user has stopped moving a window. This leads to some inconsistencies:

  F5615875: 2018-01-03 18-43-56.mp4 <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5615875>

  //(I move windows between desktops with `Meta + Shift + <Left/Right>`).//

  I hold `Meta + Shift` till the end of the video. It is expected that dolphin window be translucent till the end of the video, too.

  > Also, to make transitions even smoother, is there a way that Plasma can know the framerate that the computer is capable of?

  If you;re about choppy animations on videos above, don't worry, that's a screen recorder issue(+I have very old laptop).

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin