D9549: Horizontally center shadows and make them bigger

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 2 16:28:13 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  @ngraham
  A follow up on the menu vs window decoration shadow size, and a suggestion for the window decoration shadow size option, for discussion.

  - right now there is an explicit 3/4 (12/16) conversion factor between the menu shadow size and the window shadow size, which I believe is working correctly, except possibly with update glitches, when the window size is changed.

  Maybe this scale-down is too small especially since the new default window shadow size is larger, and one could for instance try 1/2 (or even 1/4th) instead of 3/4

  - on the shadow size option: thinking about it, it makes little sense to have a "per pixel" option (especially in a world where you have high dpi screens which blur the definition of "pixel"). One could imagine instead having a combobox with a set of well defined fixed values, similar to what we have for icon sizes already, or window borders.

  I could think of something like

  - tiny: 16 pix
  - small: 32 pix
  - normal: 64 pix (your current default)
  - large: 96 pix
  - huge: 128

  this, with a reduction of a factor 2, or 4, for the menu shadows wrt window shadows.
  What do you think ?

  Hugo

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze