D10878: Changed default context menu entries on the desktop

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 26 23:23:03 UTC 2018

hein added a comment.

  I'm quite heavily -1 on this.

  This is removing various entries that I personally use regularly and that I think users rely on:

  - Add Widgets
  - Add Panel
  - The lock toggle

  These are only "unnecessary" if you assume people actually understand and use the desktop toolbox, which I don't believe (plus we allow disabling it, which means these actions become wholly inacessible). I'd wager vastly more people use these via the context menu.

  It also removes an action that's part of the Plasma design, the associated app action that a containment/applet can change dynamically, and that's quite useful together with Folder View.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace