D10032: Swap play/pause icons in mediacontroller plasmoid

Chris Rizzitello noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 21 21:30:05 UTC 2018

rizzitello added a comment.

  We place this item in the system tray by default. This being a place were users expect to be able to at a glance get some quick info about things their system is doing. While media is playing the play icon is what most users would expect to see. I do agree that this needs its own icon and should not reusing the play and pause actions.

  In D10032#195166 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10032#195166>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Someone in the VDG room suggested the following (or something like it) for the "currently playing something" icon: http://www.iconninja.com/files/407/146/323/note-audio-play-sound-listen-song-music-icon.svg
  >
  > And when not playing, it could have a line through the note, or display the note using a very light color, or something like that. I think this approach could resolve the impasse.

  Showing that icon is fine if have a static icon, otherwise we should use some form of play and pause icons they are synonymous with the actions and using others will confuse alot more users.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace