D10512: try to preload certain applets in a smart way

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 19 17:25:53 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D10512#209679 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10512#209679>, @ngraham wrote:

  > If by default this slows down plasmashell's loading in favor of making widgets load faster, I'm against it. People will notice the drawbacks of the former more than the benefits of the latter.

  with the trick of the QTimer,  it shows an usable desktop actually before things are preloaded, then starting doing its things in the background.
  thesting on the local systems, plasma seems to stay fluid even while it's actually performing the preload in the background, so shouldn't be noticeable there.
  of course, needs to be tried by many people with systems more or less performant

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in appletquickitem.cpp:55
> Cache the result in a static to read it only once?

in a static?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)