gtk3 integration?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 12:54:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

I recently came across something called qt-gtk-engine (a bit of LXDE abandonware) which reminded me that I never found a satisfactory way to integrate GTk3 apps with my preferred look and feel, esp. not with more recent GTk3 versions. Oxygen-gtk3 comes closest but that project hasn't seen any activity for severals years now, too.

Much as I'd like to avoid Gnome and GTk apps that's just not feasible. Even Google Chrome seems to use the selected GTk3 theme.

How was the Breeze theme for GTk3 created? Is there a piece of software that automates the process by rendering all widgets of interest using the widget style and colour palette of choice into images and then bundles them as a theme? As far as that is technically possible?

Thanks,
R.