D7087: Add "Copy Info" button to the About System KCM

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 15 15:17:03 UTC 2018

gregormi added a comment.

  In D7087#207081 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#207081>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Fine from my side. We still need to figure out the translation issue--either work to make it translatable, or accept that this output will be English-only. I'll let the other reviewers have their say on that matter.

  Ok.

  About the translation: for me the question was not whether or not we have to accept that the output is English-only; but rather if it is desirable to have bug reports where someone pastes non-English system info. I see three options here:

  1. Keep it English (which might be strange for non-English users) but will lead to pure English bug reports
  2. Make it translatable and if the order of the lines are the same for each language, someone who reads bug reports with that info pasted in, can figure out what each line means, even if it is not English
  3. Make two items: one is translated ("Copy Info") and the other one is not ("Copy Info for Bug Reports")

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter