D10522: Added vertical separator

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 15 09:24:57 UTC 2018

zzag added a comment.

  Well, that's too Windows, imo.

  > (Note that I am not happy with any on the later community accepted commits to breeze either: blur serves no purpose either, nor the extra space allocated for checkboxes, etc.)

  > This change doesn't seem very popular, and if it's necessary to make a previous change work, that calls into question whether that was the right change.

  There's a lot of time before next release of Plasma, so "the previous change" can still be reverted and no one will notice that.
  I should make it clear: **allocating extra space for check boxes doesn't have any logic, it's just to make it look/feel right**. Yes, it gains consistency with other os and DEs, but it also **wastes space on display**.

  I don't understand what's the point of development without trying something new. Sometimes, this "something new" can be a little controversial at the beginning, like "big shadows in macOS", but later, people embrace it(now, Breeze has bigger window decoration shadows, too). And sometimes, this "something new" should be deleted.

  I guess that change is the last one because:

  - most people don't really like it
  - it can cause stepping down of the Breeze maintainer

  So, I will send a diff to revert that "the previous change".

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze