D10461: GMenu-DBusMenu-Proxy

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 14 14:47:50 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  Thanks for your input!

  > Yes, menubar may be empty

  Okay. Problem is that for example LibreOffice doesn't have a menu right away, so I can't realy tell "no menu because it's still loading" or "no menu because it doesn't have one" and then fallback to app menu. I could perhaps check if the app has an appmenu at all before trying to fallback but not really fond of adding even more complexity to it.

  > GTK3 applications (file-roller, for example) can use both appmenu and menubar with different items (and different action)

  What kind of different actions? So far I have only had redundancy in the app menu, I'll try to look into this, merging two separate menus into one somehow, also getting the app name for the app menu..

  > You can add New Window and Quit to File menu, Sidebar to View, Preferences and Keyboard shortcuts to Tools (or Edit), and Help and About to help.

  How am I supposed to know which action belongs where?

  > What about FIXME unity, what are you mean?

  That was just for the icon mapping, I can probably remove this, since the actions in unity are just their localized labels plus `unity.` prefix, there's nothing I can map them to (like I would be able to `window.open` to `document-open` icon)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace