D10461: GMenu-DBusMenu-Proxy

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 14 11:43:45 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  > So, Unity is dead, but unity action prefixes is live.

  I just added support for that but I don't know what apps use it to test it, if you may..? :)

  > To use unity-gtk-module or appmenu-gtk-module you need to install it into correct location (where all gtk modules is located) and then add its name (unity-gtk-module or appmenu-gtk-module) to environment variable called GTK_MODULES.

  I just did that and now get a full menu in e.g. Pluma. However, most other apps, like Evince, don't get a menu at all anymore. It seems the the appmenu-gtk-module always announces a menu bar which may be empty? :/ My proxy does not fallback to empty menus, it only falls back when the menu property doesn't exist to begin with and I wouldn't really want to make it even more complex as it is.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace