D10438: increase left/right margin of menuitems

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 12 17:55:21 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D10438#205041 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10438#205041>, @zzag wrote:

  > > But then that makes it a different patch, right ?
  >
  > Why?

  Because I know the code: I wrote it.

  >> Margins are not changed. What is changed is the allocated space for the menu item content, that always accommodate for the checkbox, and draws it whenever there is one.
  >
  > No, margins still have to be changed. I would like to have static margins but how to add space on the left side if there is no any menu items with a checkable widget? Maybe I'm missing something? I should have added the word reserved in quotes.

  This is incorrect.
  The only thing you need to change to accomodate for enough space for checkboxes on all menu items disregarding whether there is a checkbox or not is to comment the two calls to:

    if( menuItemOption->menuHasCheckableItems )

  Thats a very small patch that requires no change to the margins.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze