D10438: increase left/right margin of menuitems

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 12 16:09:58 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D10438#204922 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10438#204922>, @zzag wrote:

  > Just to clarify that other DE and OS have some space on the left side:
  >
  > - Windows: https://forums.windowscentral.com/attachments/windows-8/48119d1382981718t-screenshot-1-.png
  > - macOS: https://i.stack.imgur.com/h6LAN.png
  > - elementaryOS: https://i.stack.imgur.com/2fwU9.png
  >
  >   even Ubuntu(Unity):
  >
  >   F5707179: context-menu-ubuntu.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5707179>
  >
  >   F5707182: context-menu-tray.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5707182>

  Agreed, and if others from vdg agree, I am fine with always adding the necessary space for checkboxes and radio buttons on the left.
  But then that makes it a different patch, right ?

  Margins are not changed. What is changed is the allocated space for the menu item content, that always accommodate for the checkbox, and draws it whenever there is one.

  Personally, I think it is better that this space is not allocated when there is no crossheck to be drawn in the full menu. I think it is an _improvement_ with respect to the other design you send, and would see this change rather as a regression. (I would not see why you allocate some empty space if there is nothing to render in it).

  But then, if VDG agrees, I would oblige.

  > So, the left margin should be even bigger - 28. (CheckBox_Size + 2*MenuItem_ItemSpacing)

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze