D10461: WIP: GMenu-DBusMenu-Proxy

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 12 14:12:31 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This application finds windows using GTK GMenu DBus interfaces [1] and forwards them through DBusMenu. This way no adjustments in Plasma are needed.

  [1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GLib/GApplication/DBusAPI#org.gtk.Menus

TEST PLAN
  Branch `broulik/gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy` of plasma-workspace

  Tested `gedit` which supposedly only has a menu bar on Ubuntu, toggle actions (e.g. "Full screen" and "Overwrite mode" don't work right now)
  F5707116: Screenshot_20180212_143407.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5707116>
  Tested LibreOffice 6 with `gtk3_kde5` platform plugin, should just work with regular GTK3 plugin
  F5707119: Screenshot_20180212_143237.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5707119>
  I won't be able to add any icons to LibreOffice's menus as the action names are random ids assigned by it. In gedit I get some names like "open" and "save" I could map on our side

  Applications not having a dedicated menu bar will at least show the top panel menu with Settings, About, and Help
  F5707121: Screenshot_20180212_143839.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5707121>

  Does not work with Gimp or Inkscape as they aren't GTK3-based.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/CMakeLists.txt
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/gdbusmenutypes_p.cpp
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/gdbusmenutypes_p.h
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/gmenudbusmenuproxy.desktop
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/main.cpp
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/menu.cpp
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/menu.h
  gmenu-dbusmenu-proxy/menuproxy.cpp