Fullscreen and skip taskbar window

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Feb 11 15:58:02 UTC 2018

Am 2018-02-11 12:37, schrieb Bhushan Shah:
> Hello Martin,
>
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 05:38:25PM +0100, Martin Flöser wrote:
>> Just remove everything related to the shellsurface. You don't need
>> that as
>> Qt takes care of creating the shell surface.
>
> So I made the changes and commented out the shellsurface related code..
>
> However that again brings me back to where I started, setting
> fullscreen
> state makes plasmashell to crash in really weird state.
>
> See the wayland_debug log : https://ptpb.pw/xjlR
>
> It just shows the top panel and rest of plasmashell gets hidden, I
> don't
> get this behavior if kwayland-integration is not installed, so it is
> something wrong about either kwayland-integration or how the
> fullscreenpanel code tries to do things..
>
> You can see short gif of what happens at, https://imgur.com/a/JvEYs
>
> this has been issue from quite while and workaround we used to apply is
> not install kwayland-integration, which ofcourse doesn't provide sane
> OSD sizes, idletime functionality etc.. So would be lovely to have it
> solved. I've pushed my code at bshah/stuff branch of
> plasma-phone-components.
>
> https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-phone-components.git/tree/components/fullscreenpanel.cpp?h=bshah/stuff#n98
>
> L98 is what makes stuff go boom, if I comment out that window is not
> fullscreen and e.g window background is not correctly scaled across
> panels.

I think it's a very bad idea to switch to fullscreen from the show
event. That probably results in a loop. Set the state to fullscreen
before showing the window.

Concerning going to fullscreen, please remember that there is:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63748

If you use Xdg shell that just won't work (c.f. the phab request for
logout greeter).

Cheers
Martin