D17677: Add workaround for gtk file chooser filter patterns

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 20 15:32:45 GMT 2018

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jgrulich wrote in filechooser.cpp:287
> Does it really support regexp in this form? If so, why it doesn't work when used by plasma-integration? I see plasma-integration internally uses KFileWidget and passes filters to it.

It should do:

It goes through:

  QRegExp rx(p);
        rx.setPatternSyntax(QRegExp::Wildcard);

Wildcard in the Qt docs sounds very much like the "glob" format that's in the XDG spec.

Running ./kfilewidgettest_gui  in kio/bin  you can type a filter manually

I did:
*.[Pp][Dd][Ff]  and that worked for me.

It doesn't work in plasma-integration because it goes through a method qt2KdeFilter - to turn Qt's weird custom syntax into reg ex patterns.

REPOSITORY
  R838 Flatpak Support: KDE Portal for XDG Desktop