Quiet Mode signal

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 21:07:50 GMT 2018

Hi everyone,

Is there some work going on in order to implement a desktop-wide signal that
would automatically disable reminders during a presentation ?

Calligra Stage, LibreOffice Impress and other presentation software could emit
a dbus signal (or via plasma, not sure what the best architecture is) when
starting/stopping a presentation, and korgac would listen to that and disable/
enable reminders. korgac has a manual action for this, but I keep forgetting
to re-enable reminders at the end of my presentations...

I guess this should even be a freedesktop standard.

Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5