D17533: Make the button's purpose more clear

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 15 21:05:59 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  All dialogs ask a question that can be answered with a yes or a no. The problem is that most users don't read dialog box text--especially very long text, like the kind presented here. They do generally read the dialog box button labels though, which is why it's so important that the labels indicate what the buttons do. I can understand if you don't want to do that in this patch though.

  IMHO we should work towards allowing the button labels to be customized alongside the dialog box text. As is, this patch doesn't really improve much because the text is already so long that nobody will read it, no matter which order the strings are presented in. If there's no way to simplify the text, perhaps we could should use bold text for the important part? This is what we do for Dolphin's "permanently delete this file" dialog:
  F6478899: Screenshot_20181215_140503.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6478899>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop