D17410: Add alternatives button to applet configuration in panel edit mode

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 23:02:20 GMT 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  In general +++

  We need to fix that TODO. I added some rough notes, give that a go, it'll involve reading the C++ and seeing how that all ties together with the QML.

  If you get stuck, comment here.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ConfigOverlay.qml:396
> +                        tooltip.visible = false;
> +                        currentApplet.applet.action("alternatives").trigger()
> +                    }

As for your TODO:

See in plasma-frameworks applet_p.cpp around line 189

Good news: The "visible" property of this action indicates if we have alternatives or not.
So in theory we would just need to bind it to the ToolButton's visibility.

Probably also worth taking the text and icon source from there too

Bad news: This property is only updated when it receives the signal:
contextualActionsAboutToShow

so that needs to be called somewhere.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop