D17375: Don't automatically refresh if the user already asked apt to do so

Rik Mills noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 19:13:51 GMT 2018

rikmills added a comment.

  In D17375#373278 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17375#373278>, @ngraham wrote:

  > That's what I thought. Then it doesn't fully fix 401810, since people not using Kubuntu or Neon will still not have a way to change the update frequency.

  I don't think this was intended to be a full fix for that in a distro agnostic sense, though it is relevant so posted on that bug. This is specific to apt updates where currently if a x0periodic config files exists the (a) notifier and apt config prompted refreshes will at a minimum double the frequency, and (b) even worse the apt-config setting in days was being misconstrued by the notifier as **hours**, resulting in even more frequent refreshes. That is what I pointed out and discussed with Aleix a few days ago, which prompted this revision.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store