D14542: [kcmkwin/desktop] KCM using new virtual desktops DBus interface

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 5 14:48:51 GMT 2018

zzag added a comment.

  Some issues that I saw while testing this patch:

  - with 2 rows and 6 virtual desktop, I get the following desktop layout (is it a bug in KWin core?)

    +---+---+---+---+---+
    |   |   |   |   |   |
    +---+---+---+---+---+
    |   |
    +---+

  - if any virtual desktop is removed, then System Settings window will be sent to the last virtual desktop.

INLINE COMMENTS

> desktopsmodel.h:51
> + *
> + * After synchronization, the model tracks Kwin-side changes again,
> + * until the user makes further changes.

*KWin-side

> desktopsmodel.h:119-124
> +    QStringList m_serverSideDesktops;
> +    QHash<QString,QString> m_serverSideNames;
> +    int m_serverSideRows;
> +    QStringList m_desktops;
> +    QHash<QString,QString> m_names;
> +    int m_rows;

For better readability, you could create a struct to represent the state on both sides, e.g.:

  struct State
  {
      QStringList desktops;
      QHash<QString, QString> names;