D16031: [SDDM theme] remove blur and increase UI contrast so that it's not required

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 3 22:08:11 GMT 2018

rooty added a comment.

  > That's not a feature we have; the wallpapers of the lock screen, login screen, and desktops are all independent. Whether or not this is desirable is an entirely different issue, but operating with the limitation of not having that, there is no point to a "mild blur" on the login screen because it's not a hint of anything else; it's just a blurry image.

  I actually toyed with this idea by introducing ImageSplash (instead of the KDE splash screen) and making the transition from login screen to desktop seem seamless (no interruption between login and desktop). Also, if you'd pick a different user, the login screen would just fade out and switch to that user's wallpaper (again, very tastefully). Unfortunately Kwin (I think it was Kwin) likes to flicker on my computer (but not always...) right before the panel pops up, so... it wasn't so much seamless as //almost seamless//.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace