Monday meeting notes for 3/12/2018

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:31:17 GMT 2018

Kai Uwe:
 Work done:
 - plasma-browser-integration fixes
 -- Now also exposes actual video URL in metadata
 -- Fixed Breeze scrollbar CSS causing cross domain access issue
 -- Fixed cancelling download causing "unknown error" notification in Firefox
 -- Media sessions are more resilient against unexpected input
 - KIO performance improvements and profiling
 -- Removed timezone conversion stuff during file copy, saves some cycles
 - kdialog --icon now also sets dialog icon
 Work todo:
 - Various Plasma bits
 - Will be at Qt World Summit in Berlin on Thursday

Eike:
* hotfixed the regression that broke the TM group dialog in 5.14.4
* fixed a bug in the Language KCM that broke removing the first language in
the list and fixed the behavior around how action states change with a single
list item, still on review
* fixed up the sync code in the new virtual desktops KCM and threw some bug
reports for the KWin side at Marco
* added a service watcher to handle KWin restarts
* I want to improve the KWin restart handling a bit more today, then it might
be done
* I also stubbed out the new Accessibility KCM, which was my other 5.15 task

Vlad:
Done:
 * KWin/Wayland no longer crashes when changing compositor settings;
 * Fixed flickering of the splash screen on startup;
 * Check presence of the inhibitor object when a client is registered in
IdleInhibition.
 Under review/Waiting for review:
 * Try to invalidate quad cache when shadow is changed (fixes blank decoration
tooltips);
 * Don't use hardcoded move-resize cursor;
 * Expose Wayland clients to the scripting API;
 * "Fix" lowerClient/raiseClient for group transients.
 Todo:
 * Don't inhibit the idle behavior if the surface is not visible;
 * Cover Fade/Glide/Scale/Fading Popups effect by tests.
 ---
 On a personal note, I got sick.

Roman:
 * Pushed the input device handler and touch input patch series yesterday. If
you find any bugs / strange behavior pls tell me.
  (15519 still has a failing unit test)
 * Will be at QtWS this week

David:
* finally merged my kwin patchset that replaces libkwineffect window calling
QObject::property() with virtual methods (a bit more efficient, a lot of
boilerplate had to be ported)
* (ongoing) ported hwcomposer's backend to the new AbstractOutput that Roman
did, mostly to make the changes bshah wants a bit simpler

Marco:
* was a week mostly hunting visual glitches and papercuts

Kirigami:
* Scrollable pages default their contents to pixel-aligned

QQC2:
* All scrollviews default their contents to pixel-aligned
* finally corners of textfields and bigger views properly rounded in desktop
QQC2, white corner pixels gone (were noticeable expecially with bigger scale
factors)
* fixed sizing of the Menu item, Plasma style menu on feature parity
* Comboboxes work as the qwidget ones: open on press, hovering the pressed
mouse and releasing on an item triggers it.
* touchscreen text selection controls in editable comboboxes as well.
* sizing of text fields in desktop qqc2

Plasma:
* KWin and virtualdesktops: some fixes in the dbus protocol and loading names
from config: D17265
* hardmonized look of all config dialogs (qml and qwidgets) and systemsettings
kcm titles (qml and qwidgets) and ported some pieces of plasma to qqc2 and
kirigami:
** KTitleWidget now has the font looking like Kirigami.Heading and gained the
"level" API
** QML and QWidget kcms have now the title perfectly aligned
** Applets config view and containment config views ported to QQC2 and
Kirigami, using Kirigami headers consisten with the rest
** ported systray general settings page to QQC2 and FormLayout
* D17192 but vdg doesn't likey
Plasma mobile:
* fixed https://phabricator.kde.org/T10009 crash on activity creation
This week/Todo:
refining multilevel kcm to make the NM kcm work under the new api

--
Marco Martin