D15187: Merge switch user dialog into lockscreen

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 31 20:38:10 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Doesn't build for me:

    make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.kde.screensaver.xml', needed by 'ksmserver/kscreenlocker_interface.cpp'.  Stop.
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3454: recipe for target 'ksmserver/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_ksmserver.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [ksmserver/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_ksmserver.dir/all] Error 2
    [ 37%] Built target krunner
    make: *** [all] Error 2

  +1 on the idea though; the switch user screen has always been a bit unnerving for various reasons. I think this will be much nicer.

  That said, I can foresee one potential issue: the interactive parts of the lockscreen UI aren't shown by default; you need to wiggle the mouse or bang on the keyboard to get anything interactive to show up. When we've entered the lockscreen in user switcher mode, I think the UI should be visible by default, since immediate user interaction is expected.

  (if it already it, please ignore this part of the comment; I couldn't test it out because of the aforementioned compile error)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master