D15011: [Kickoff] Make the search field always look like a search field

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 28 23:40:28 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Note that I just landed the Widget Explorer patch, so I'll update the table accordingly.

  In D15011#316875 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#316875>, @romangg wrote:

  > What's up with the third column "Search field visibly focused by default"?

  That means whether or not  it has the blue focus ring when it has keyboard focus, but before you're typed anything. In other words, whether or not it //shows// the fact that is has focus.

  > My personal opinion is it should not have the blue outline just because it looks too strong. But consistency trumps looks. At the moment it's not though from what I read out of the table.

  I tend to agree regarding the appearance of the focus ring, but this is actually a good argument for making everything consistent and using the default behavior, because then we can change the visual appearance of the focus ring in one place rather than in 10.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop