D15026: Fetch high-resolution image from Bing

Carmen Bianca Bakker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 23 20:49:46 BST 2018

carmenbianca created this revision.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
carmenbianca requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When visiting https://www.bing.com/HPImageArchive.aspx?format=js&idx=0&n=1, the URL field of the image is not always 1920x1080. For some reason, Bing serves me different resolutions dependent on my IP address. One easy way to verify this is by loading that site in Tor Browser and refreshing your Tor Circuit a couple of times.

  This patch should always download the 1920x1080 image, on the assumption that this resolution is always available and always a JPG. I have not found anything contradicting these assumptions, though.

  I'm not very experienced with C++ or KDE development, so I may have messed up this patch. It seems like a simple enough fix, however.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/potd/bingprovider.cpp