D15011: [Kickoff] Make the search field always look like a search field

Øystein S.-Alværvik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 23 10:24:46 BST 2018

oysteins added a comment.

  In D15011#313872 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#313872>, @filipf wrote:

  > although if I think of my parents for example I do see how they might miss it

  This was the rationale behind my bug report about this; that some users might be puzzled about the apparent lack of a search field.

  In D15011#313872 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#313872>, @filipf wrote:

  > is it possible to somehow make a toggle to keep the status quo ie. have no search box?

  +1 for this, if it is doable. Perhaps the search field could be toggled only for new installs, so upgraders can stick to the status quo?

  In D15011#313874 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#313874>, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > I'm -1 for this, it's not needed to click in just start typing witch is more intuitive. Adding this optional by config?

  The patch seems to retain this functionality. Maybe the patch could keep the text 'Type to search…', or does it become redundant?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop