D14924: Prevent paste in screen locker (alternative approach)

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 18 22:26:55 BST 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KScreenlocker tries to clear the clipboard on load. However, klipper
  also (by default) automatically keeps the last relevant item in the
  clipboard. Whilst both parts work correctly, Plasma as a whole does not.

  This became a problem when we added the reveal password button as it is
  a data leak.

  Instead of clearing the clipboard this patch replaces it with a real
  entry, but with a dummy mime value that is of no value to anyone,
  especially a textfield.

  By using x-kde-passwordManageHint we can prevent klipper from storing
  this entry so it's completely transparent with a working clipboard after
  the session is complete.

  My preferred solution of the two

  BUG: 388049

TEST PLAN