D14923: Supress paste in screen locker

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 18 21:59:01 BST 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KScreenlocker tries to clear the clipboard on load. However, klipper
  also (by default) automatically keeps the last relevant item in the
  clipboard. Whilst both parts work correctly, Plasma as a whole does not.

  This became a problem when we added the reveal password button as it is
  a data leak.

  MF doesn't want an X specific fix, which is fair enough. My earlier
  patch removing the reveal button was blocked, which is fair enough.
  That doesn't leave many nice places, but we do need to do something.

  This patch intercepts the paste shortcut at the window level.

  Doing it at a theme level doesn't easily work with QQC1 as the child
  gets key events first. With QQC2 it probably whould, but PC3 doesn't
  have the reveal button.

TEST PLAN
  Reproduced issue
  Added patch
  Couldn't reproduce
  Also can't show the context menu of the screen locker due to kwin behaviour.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

BRANCH
  master