D14895: Plasmashell freezes when trying to get free space info from mounted remote filesystem after losing connection to it

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 17 18:24:33 BST 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Much nicer! I'm definitely happy merging something like this.

INLINE COMMENTS

> soliddeviceengine.cpp:555
> +    if (!m_paths.contains(path)) {
> +        QTimer *timer = new QTimer(this);
> +        timer->setSingleShot(true);

not sure you need this timer

1. You should still get the job finishing with error ERR_SERVER_TIMEOUT. (untested, but the protocol manager in the client does have some stuff doing this)

2. if you don't get a progress bar for a drive that's frozen anyway, do you really care?

> soliddeviceengine.cpp:560
> +                                 i18n("Filesystem mounted at '%1' is not responding", path),
> +                                 QApplication::activeWindow(), KNotification::CloseWhenWidgetActivated);

We don't know which window will be active when this timer fires. Which means the behavior to dismiss is somewhat random.