D14895: Plasmashell freezes when trying to get free space info from mounted remote filesystem after losing connection to it

Oleg Solovyov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 17 08:49:14 BST 2018

McPain created this revision.
McPain added reviewers: broulik, ngraham.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
McPain requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  BUG: 397537

  Earlier plasmashell assumed that you'll get free space info immediately (which is not true in case of losing connection to server containing a mounted filesystem - statfs will wait for response forever and freeze everything since it's happening in main thread)

  I moved obtaining that info into different thread so that case won't freeze anything anymore.
  It creates exactly one thread per one path. If a path is already being processed, new thread won't be created.
  Also I implemented a timer used to notify about broken connection after 15 seconds.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/soliddevice/CMakeLists.txt
  dataengines/soliddevice/soliddeviceengine.cpp
  dataengines/soliddevice/soliddeviceengine.h