D14542: WIP: Basic KCM using new virtual desktops DBus interface

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 2 11:29:09 BST 2018

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> desktopsmodel.cpp:78
> +        QStringLiteral("/VirtualDesktopManager"),
> +        QStringLiteral("org.kde.KWin.VirtualDesktopManager"),
> +        QStringLiteral("desktopDataChanged"),

all of this, static values

> desktopsmodel.cpp:106
> +        QStringLiteral("org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"),
> +        QStringLiteral("Get"));
> +

one way that I would love this thing to work (and how i designed it to be used as)
is with GetAll, which minimizes absolutely the roundtrips (the amount of data, even if useless passing is not an issue at all, the number of calls is)

It's very type unsafe, which sn't great, tough you are sure you get the whole initial state in one go.

Look at plasma-workspace/dataengines/statusnotifieritem/statusnotifieritemsource.cpp   performrefresh() and refreshcallback()

In this case the whole getall would be needed only at start (and eventually when the service goes down/gets back up) as all the signals carry all the needed data to keep it in sync.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin