D12536: [timer applet] Change how time is tracked

Mariusz Mazur noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 13:34:44 UTC 2018

mmazur added a comment.

  In D12536#254280 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12536#254280>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > I was hoping the reviewer wouldn't notice.
  >
  > :/
  >  Had you said it explicitly I probably would have been fine with it.

  I'm operating on the assumption that working code with some changes to behavior > non-working code. Consequently I was trying to get my patches merged above any other considerations and with minimal time investment on my part. (Granted, I would have done things a bit differently knowing what I know now. :)

  Though come to think of it, there is a simple workaround I could add: if the time jump exceeds 60 seconds, assume the system was asleep for long enough, that the timer should be treated as paused. Still – it's a workaround and not a proper fix.

  >> As far as interacting with me goes, it's either merge my code with minor improvements here and there
  >
  > I understand your time is limited, but lets not approach things as effectively threats.

  Considering time constraints, my goal was to concisely communicate my priorities and limitations. Now that you understand those, I'm waiting to know how you'd like to proceed on this patch and the other one.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons