D12535: [timer applet] disable animation on timer pause

Mariusz Mazur noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 10:03:33 UTC 2018

mmazur added a comment.

  Initially a few years ago when I went kde5 I made this patch because of the cpu usage, which was stupid high (and it seems I'm not the only one that noticed). Some time later it occurred to me that it has the added benefit of my desktop not blinking at me when I want the timer to stop counting for an extended period of time.

  Possibly the optimal solution here would be to rewrite the animation to use something less cpu heavy and add "don't blink on pause" as a config option. But such a patch would not be authored by me, especially the rewriting animation part.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons