D12373: Klipper: Remove first history item on clipboard clear

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 12:25:01 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > Storing such a 'text/confidential' string in the clipboard with mode 'QClipboard::Clipboard' works, and Klipper could handle it by not storing it in its history. But unfortunately the clipboard contents are of no use to any application. They check the clipboard with QMimeData::hasText(), which only returns true if there is data with a 'text/plain' mime type and retrieve data from clipboard by calling QClipboard::text(), which only returns 'text/plain' typed data.

  I didn't explain well.

  mimeData is key value pairs, you can have many pieces of mimeData.

  So we have text/plain     with the password as before
  and x-kde-passwordManagerHint   data   "secret"

  We still use the text/plain mimeData for context, but klipper ignores entries where that other mimeData is present.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace