D9037: use desktop file actions instead of global shortcuts

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 24 15:12:32 UTC 2018

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> krunnerglobalshortcuts.cpp:34
>
> -    migrateEnabledPlugins();
> +    KSharedConfig::Ptr config = KSharedConfig::openConfig("kglobalshortcutsrc");
> +    KConfigGroup runnergroup(config, "krunner");

1. you don't need an exe to do that, this whole thing could have been

File=kglobalshortcutsrc
RemoveGroup=krunner

in the .upd. The syntax allows for quite a lot of manipulation.

2. I did something similar for a powerdevil shortcut migration, it has a huge problem.

kconf_update runs, the config updates, kglobalacceld is still running so later syncs undoing your script.

Sorry :/

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace