D12476: kcm_opengl: Fix retrieval of DRI information

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 24 10:14:06 UTC 2018

wbauer added a comment.

  I gave the patch a try (openSUSE Leap 42.3 with kernel 4.4).

  The 3D accelerator info is displayed again now (as with kernel < 3.12), but it shows "drm" as kernel module instead of "radeon" as I would expect.

INLINE COMMENTS

> opengl.cpp:211
> +    dri_info.pci = get_sysfs_link_name(sysPath);
> +    dri_info.module = get_sysfs_link_name(sysPath + QStringLiteral("/driver/module"));
> +

Using just "/driver" (instead of "/driver/module") makes it display "radeon" instead of "drm" here as I would expect.

OTOH, as it already runs lspci to get the other information, wouldn't it be better to get the kernel module from lspci as well?
Additionally specifying the '-k' parameter to lspci adds these two lines to lspci's output here:
Driver: radeon
Module: radeon
(the first one is the driver in use, the second one lists all available modules for that device, see also "man lspci")
That should be independent of the kernel version and also work the same in the get_dri_device_proc() case.

Just a thought though.

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter