D12278: WIP: [Colors KCM] Port to new design

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 17 11:37:20 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Pretty much WIP
  What works:

  - Grid layout with crappy thumbnail
    - The screenshots just show a quick and dirty attempt to mimic the old tiny icons we used to have. Perhaps either it should show *all* available colors in the theme but that might turn into a pixel mudd? or instead show a live preview of some controls, maybe a "fake window" in there?
  - Downloading color themes through GHNS

TEST PLAN
  Implements T7243 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T7243>

  Not too fond of this "Current" (carried over from the old code). Perhaps we could do some magic to only show it when the current theme is not in the list or is a modified version of a theme? That would make the dialog less confusing as to what "Current" means.

  F5810572: Screenshot_20180417_132441.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5810572>
  TODO:

  - Make applying theme work (write config and signal applications)
  - Make restore defaults work
  - Make "Install from file" work
  - Make edit work (the edit dialog is quite entangled with the code, I thought it was completely standalone nowadays)
  - Make removing theme work
  - Make the "apply to non Qt apps" checkbox work (no idea why anyone would want to uncheck this, though)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/colors/CMakeLists.txt
  kcms/colors/colors.cpp
  kcms/colors/colors.desktop
  kcms/colors/colors.h
  kcms/colors/colorscm.cpp
  kcms/colors/kcm_colors.desktop
  kcms/colors/package/contents/ui/main.qml
  kcms/colors/package/metadata.desktop