D12252: Enlarge default window size. Use (adjusted) calculation in `SizeHint` to determine minimum window width.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 17 02:47:12 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Perhaps we could indeed make use of `QSize::boundedTo()`  to make sure that no dimension of the minimum size is ever bigger than a dimension of the current screen size. That would help folks like Christoph with his 768x1024 vertical screen.

  I really think a minimum size of 1024x7somethingssomething represents a big improvement in usability here. With a smaller minimum size than this (given enough screen space of course), I always found myself endlessly resizing the window. With this patch, I now don't. It lends a feeling of polish and stability to System Settings that's quite unexpected and welcome.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

BRANCH
  enlarge-default-size (branched from master)