D12252: Enlarge default window size. Use (adjusted) calculation in `SizeHint` to determine minimum window width.

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 16 22:23:26 UTC 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  > Once that's fixed, there's still one more issue here: always calling `resize()` this means that once the user resizes the window, that custom size will be overridden on the next launch. We want to set a better default size, not enforce a mandatory size. I wonder if we should just remove the `resize()` call and change `setMinimumSize()` to enforce 1024x700? Most KCMs look pretty bad at smaller sizes anyway.

  I thought about that. I figured there wasn't any harm in letting the user resize the window even if it wouldn't be saved. Do we want to go with the standard routine of saving the window geometry and restoring it the next time the user launches the application? I can work that in, maybe with a `firstLaunch` boolean flag that only triggers the manual setting of the window size on the very first run. The window still won't get smaller than `minimumSize`, but if someone wants to enlarge it, we could save that size and restore it in the future.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings