D12252: Enlarge default window size. Use (adjusted) calculation in `SizeHint` to determine minimum window width.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 16 21:38:53 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I think I found the problem: `physicalDotsPerInch()` is not the correct property to be checking here, as it will vary depending on the display's pixel density. You want to change that to check  `devicePixelRatio()` instead. That gives me perfect results.

  Once that's fixed, there's still one more issue here: always calling `resize()` this means that once the user resizes the window, that custom size will be overridden on the next launch. We want to set a better default size, not enforce a mandatory size. I wonder if we should just remove the `resize()` call and change `setMinimumSize()` to enforce 1024x700? Most KCMs look pretty bad at smaller sizes anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings