D12252: Enlarge window size: wide enough to show both sidebarsUse (adjusted) calculation in `SizeHint` to determine minimum window width to display both sidebars. Manually apply size with call to `resize()`

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 16 17:00:10 UTC 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  The calculation is aiming for a minimum width of 1200px, which seems to be the minimum size needed to display both sidebars. Since the original calculation uses `physicalDotsPerInch`, I'm only able to use my own laptop as a test subject. It's a 15" 1920x1080 screen. Checking `physicalDotsPerInch` gives me a value of ~1.47. That's how I derived the value of 815 to multiply by. The `qBound` function should keep the size to something reasonable, regardless of the screen size.

  I don't have another machine to test on (particularly not a HiDPI screen), so this is going to need a test or two. It's possible that `physicalDotsPerInch` may not be the ideal base for the calculation, in which case some more advanced algebra may be required.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings