D12171: Kicker: Make menus grow (to a limit) if the text doesn't fit on the default width

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 13 10:19:31 UTC 2018

aacid created this revision.
aacid added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
aacid requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  On my install i have various application names that don't fit on units.gridUnit * 14
  so let the list grow if needed. It only grows to a limit, we don't want the list to
  be huge for some weirdly long application name.

TEST PLAN
  Use the menu editor to rename Development to Development 22222222222222222222222222
  Check the root menu shows all the name
  Search and check the search bar sizing is correct at all times
  Open submenus with applications whose name previously was cut and check now it displays correctly

  Note: I get
  	TextFieldStyle.qml:46:17: QML QQuickItem: Binding loop detected for property "implicitHeight"
  when entering text on the search bar, but i can also reproduce this with a simple testcase like
  https://paste.kde.org/pi1hopivh so it seems it's not a bug in my code. Also i can't see the search
  bar misbehaving so it seems to be "harmless"

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/kicker/package/contents/ui/ItemListDelegate.qml
  applets/kicker/package/contents/ui/ItemListView.qml
  applets/kicker/package/contents/ui/MenuRepresentation.qml