D12088: port the ksplash kcm to the new design

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 11 10:08:42 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in main.qml:60
> the onCountChanged connection thinghie it's an hack that serves at startup: we don't have a signal from listview "i'm done populating" which happens way after component.oncompleted, so the only way we have is when the list gets populated, which also means that its contents grow in size.
>
> *probably* i can remove onCurrentIndexChanged

You shouldn't have told me that :)

I have one consistent rule about working round Qt bugs, it needs an upstream report and a link in the code.

-----

but in any case, your comment doesn't explain why we need:
 view.positionViewAtIndex(grid.currentIndex, GridView.Visible)

If we've just changed the index, we'll run onCurrentIndexChanged which does it's own view.positionViewAt()  .

Unless we need to position the view even when we don't change the index?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop