D12083: Show OSD when default output changes

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 10 10:38:14 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG, drosca.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When the default output changes because a device is plugged in or a Bluetooth headset is connected, show an OSD so the user knows when/that the device is ready to use.

TEST PLAN
  Turned on my Bluetooth headset, took a second two connect (Bluetooth Icon shows dots), and then took another couple of seconds for PulseAudio to recognize the device and then the OSD showed up.
  If a device icon is available (e.g. headset) it is shown, otherwise the volume icon (using the correct icon depending on volume) shows up:
  F5802585: Screenshot_20180410_123739.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5802585>
  F5802580: Screenshot_20180410_123511.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5802580>

  - Verified that no OSD is shown on startup (the default changes once from none to whatever is the default)
  - Verified that no OSD is shown when user explicitly changes the Default in the applet
  - Did not test what happens if I plug in headphone jack (where the profile on the same device changes from speaker to headphones)
  - Changing output configuration in volume settings might spawn the OSD when you disable/enable a device that used to be a default at one point

  There's a setting in the applet, default is enabled:
  F5802577: Screenshot_20180410_123345.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5802577>

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

AFFECTED FILES