D12050: Make automounting work even if StorageAccess is ignored

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 9 01:21:37 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12050#242890 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12050#242890>, @bruns wrote:

  > Well, I really do not like what arc is doing behind my back ...

  It irritated me too at first, but over time I found that it's fairly logical. In general, you just need to:

  - Always preview with `arc land --preview` before you land, to make sure you know what `arc` is going to do
  - Always make a branch; don't diff from master
  - Always branch from the branch that you want to land it on
  - If you change your mind later and decide to land on a different branch, re-base the commit prior to landing it: `git rebase --onto origin/<branch> master`

  I really do recommend having a look at https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator#Using_Arcanist_to_post_patches. I and others have done a lot of work to document the behavior so that using `arc` shouldn't feel like a huge headache anymore.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop