D11928: fade to blue when the login box appears

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 5 17:54:41 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I love it! This solves the problems we set out to solve and it looks fantastic.

  Just a few remaining comments:

  - The commit message and summary need to be updated to reflect the latest changes
  - I'm still not a huge fan of how the interactive UI elements disappear after a little while. I think that will catch people by surprise. If we have to keep that, I would raise the timeout to more like 30 seconds or more.
  - Users have been pretty well trained over the last 30 years to fling the mouse around or bang on the keyboard to "wake up" their computers, so not showing the interactive UI elements before some activity is detected doesn't present a usability problem here in the lock screen. But we can't implement this exact same design on the login screen since users expect for the UI to be visible by default there, which brings us back to the original problem of insufficient legibility. We can continue this discussion in the follow-up SDDM theme patch though, but it's something to keep in mind.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace