D11919: support for standalone ksplash themes

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 5 10:22:07 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D11919#239962 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11919#239962>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > What do we need the different package root for?
  >  Just for making sure it's not selected in the lnf KCM?

  yes, to not list in lnf any of those that have splashscreen only.
  another thing that could be done is to exclude from the list those that don't have neither a defaults not a layout.js, but that becomes quite a fragile heuristic (with even more disk access while listing), i would find cleaner to just have them installed somewhere else, to map 1:1 the store...

  An argument to install everyhting in the same folder is if the store will ever have the possibility for items to have 2 categories, so the same thing would appear both in splashscreens and lnf.. i don't think tha6t's in the plan tough

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop