Purism and Plasma meeting summary

Heather Ellsworth heather.ellsworth at puri.sm
Wed Apr 4 18:12:51 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

Today we had the first bi-weekly meeting to facilitate more
collaboration between Plasma and Purism developers. The attendees were:
Aleix, Bhushan, Sebastien, Bob, Dorota, and myself.

**Here are some of the highlights:**

* Introductions and recap on what's been done so far to run Plasma
Mobile on the current dev board.

* There was some discussion on improving GTK polling. If an effort is
made towards better GTK integration, then this results in less of a
separation between the Phosh and Plasma environments. However, this is
not the top priority and we are hoping that once the dev kits are made
available, the community will step in and help on this effort. Looking
for volunteers.

* We also talked about better collaboration in general. As development
is ongoing in one environment, efforts made in the other environment
should be leveraged where possible to reduce further redundancy.

* Plasma related questions should be sent to plasma-devel at kde.org.
Similarly, questions for the Librem-5 team can be sent to
librem5-team at lists.puri.sm

If I missed anything, please feel free to add to the list of topics.

Cheers,
Heather