D11928: fade to blue when the login box appears

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 4 16:31:46 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D11928#239917 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11928#239917>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I think we need to keep in mind the original issues that prompted the desire for a redesign:
  >
  > 1. Poor text contrast against some backgrounds
  > 2. Inappropriate use of "Plasma Blue" selection color as a background color
  >
  >   This patch arguably makes issue #1 worse, since using a slideshow will inevitably expose that white test to light-colored backgrounds that makes it unreadable.

  it doesn't as a solid color is used when text is shown (the clock has a shadow)
  (the patch doesn't set it as a slideshow btw)

  > Issue #2 is improved somewhat, but not resolved. It's nice not having the inappropriate bright blue color be visible as the first thing you see, but you still see it after the transition. It's

  thing is, either an ocean of gray, darkening the background a lot, or adding more frames that add visual noise, just make it look uglier.
  so maybe that's an inappropriate use of blue, but i'm not sold on the alternatives from a purely aestetic pov

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace